Monday, January 27, 2020

What should I be practising (songs/techniques) when first starting electric guitar? Additionally should I be learning any music theory?

I've had an acoustic guitar for ages and I've tried a bit of fingerstyle and are familiar with open chords and strumming but I haven't progressed much past that. Recently I've been listening to a lot of electric guitar solos and I felt inspired to pick it up.

The problem that I ran into while playing acoustic guitar was that everything I liked to listen to was way too hard for me, and I lost motivation. I have a background in music already, I am grade 8 in violin so I understood that learning instruments take time and practice.

I'm afraid that I'm going to lose motivation because I can't hope to immediately start playing the stuff I like listening to. So if anyone has any techniques they recommend for me (I don't mind practising monotonous studies for hours), Or any songs that they recommend I try play I would be very grateful.

submitted by /u/yellow_blankets
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

BB King Lucille Lesson - Don't Use the BB King Position

* This article was originally published here