Monday, February 3, 2020

Dave Mustaine Announces He is Cancer-Free

Dave Mustaine Announces He is Cancer-Free

Back in June, Megadeth's Dave Mustaine announced that he had been diagnosed with throat cancer. "I’m working closely with my doctors, and we’ve mapped out a treatment plan which they feel has a 90 percent success rate," he said at the time. "Treatment has already begun." 

On Friday, January 31, during Megadeth's performance at the SSE Arena in London, Mustaine announced that he was free of cancer.

“I know a lot of you guys know that I pray,” Mustaine said to the crowd. “I say that in ‘Peace Sells.' I pray every day. I say that in the song. I’ve said it since the second record. But I thought about you guys every day, too. And I thought about my family. And I got this power from you guys. And I just kept thinking about it. And on October 16th, I went to go see the doctor, and he said, ‘You’re 100 percent free of cancer.'”

Mustaine added that he had gone through 51 radiation treatments and nine chemotherapy treatments after his diagnosis.

You can watch him make the announcement at around the 28-minute mark in a fan-filmed video of the concert above.



* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clapton Crossroads Style Solo

This is the Crossroads Style Solo you will learn in the Play Like Clapton 60s Era Course. The post Clapton Crossroads Style Solo appeared f...