Thursday, April 16, 2020

Newbie creating a quarantine study plan. How would you structure your learning?

So now that I've been trapped inside for a month I decided to get back into playing music, but since a piano won't fit into my apartment I opted for an acoustic/electric guitar. I'm using YouTube as my teacher right now (my local shop doesn't have any guitar teachers teaching remotely) and I'm trying to structure my practice to get the best return on my time investment.

So far the "plan" I have is: 1) A digital lesson: minimum 10 minutes, five times a week 2) Guitar Practice: minimum 10 minutes, daily (chord changes, strumming, fingering, songs eventually) 3) Theory: minimum 10 minutes, three times a week

Are there any glaring gaps or additions you wish you'd done in the beginning?

submitted by /u/isladyhawke
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Local guitarist makes hearts sing - The Press-Times

Local guitarist makes hearts sing    The Press-Times * This article was originally published here ...