Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Started learning minor pentatonic scale- first questions after a mini break through

The past week and a half I’ve focused on learning the first 3 positions of minor pentatonic scale. Got them down pretty solid. Today I tried my first attempt at playing with a backing track. What a feeling! Let me say I’ve only been playing guitar 6 months with a big break in the middle, so I’m new. Playing along with a backing track and going through the scale, really really helped me bring it together. Just going up a low E string playing each note, moving around. It felt awesome. Now my question.

Is there a trick to learn the gaps between notes on a line? For example on my low E, in An scale, I know the notes are on 5-8-10-12. Is there a key or phrase to think about for each string or is it all memory? So if I play a different scale, I know the fret spacing as opposed to 5-8-10-12?

Sorry if this is confusing. I’m sure it’s probably just something that comes with more practice and that’s cool if it is. I just want to be sure I’m teaching myself the correct way. Thanks

submitted by /u/juice2142
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...