Saturday, April 11, 2020

Thank You Guitar Lesson – Led Zeppelin

In this Thank You guitar lesson video, I will show you how to play this beautiful acoustic song by Led Zeppelin in it's entirety.

The tuning is standard tuning, E A D G B E.

Jimmy Page used a 12-string Vox guitar for much of the recording, but I think the song works great as a straight acoustic guitar song, so I will teach the entire lesson on acoustic.

The opening chord progression uses a consistent melody along the high E string that really propels it forward. From there a lot of the chords in the verse are from the Hammond Organ being played by John Paul Jones. But I have transcribed those chords for guitar well.

I will go through each chord progression in the song in the order that each appears on the original recording.

I will also show you how to play Jimmy Page's guitar solo note-for-note. This solo can be pretty challenging at certain parts with some very fast picking patterns. For the fastest of those licks, I will show you how to pick it using economy picking to make it a bit easier to play.

The two ending verse sections have some very nice arpeggiated picking in them, I will take you through each section note-for-note.

Have fun with this one!

Carl...

Thank You Guitar Lesson - Led Zeppelin

The post Thank You Guitar Lesson – Led Zeppelin appeared first on Guitar Lessons 365.



* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alone Guitar Lesson – Heart

Bookmark 0 In this Alone guitar lesson video, I will show you how to play this great cover song by Heart on the guitar note-for-note. Inclu...