Tuesday, August 11, 2020

4 years taking classical guitar lessons (advice)

Hii guys, I’ve been having guitar lessons with my teacher for 4 years but I’m losing motivation. I’ve been learning classical guitar with the same teacher during all this years, going through classical books and pieces. This guitar lessons certainly have improved my sight reading, and consolidated the fundamentals or the technique of playing the guitar. My teacher isn’t bad, but we only play classical music and I don’t feel like I’m doing what I really want.

What made me think about this, was a day I was with my friends and they eventually told me to play something for them but heeell, I got nothing but boring classical pieces. Classical pieces are okay but what I really want is to play (Strum or fingerpick) and sing modern or popular songs I like. Because if I can’t play anything to show, even to me, then, what’s the goal to continue learning classical music?

What do you guys recommend me to do?

Would really appreciate your feedback!!! <3

PD: I want to continue improving to play the guitar, but also play popular songs or atleast strumming or fret chords etc etc! (like campfire guitarist).

submitted by /u/xDarkroth
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...