Thursday, September 3, 2020

My new strap is too thick for my strap locks

I just bought a nice handmade leather strap for my acoustic. The leather was pretty rigid but after a bit of work I managed to get it onto the strap buttons.

It sits pretty snug on the buttons and I can’t my clip on strap locks over it. I’m a nervous guy at the best of the times and I don’t think I’ll be comfortable using it unless I know it’s secure.

Is it possible to flatten the ends of the strap somehow? I’ve had a go at hammering them a bit to try to flatten them out but I’m not sure that’s having any effect.

I’m not that bothered about how it might look as it’s just the very ends of the straps that no one will really see anyway.

I’m trying to use Daddario Dual Locks. The little plastic ones that also hold your cable in place.

submitted by /u/Guitar_Commie
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...