Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Can you damage your guitar by using heavier gauge string?

I put 10s on mine and it had a hybrid with lower guage strings before, now the floating bridge is coming up at an angle when it’s tuned. Should I just go back to the standard size for the guitar or have a tech fix the setup so the bridge is where it should be? I’m not playing for now, I could damage something. I’m not tech savvy with guitars, so I don’t think fixing it myself is an option. I like the feel of heavy strings, so I’d rather keep it, but if it’s crazy spends, I’ll go back to the standard.

submitted by /u/brohamm123
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...