Wednesday, September 1, 2021

[QUESTION] Need help with a solo/technique

Hi all,

I've been playing electric guitar for about 7 months, mostly playing powerchords and doing pentatonic improvisation. I absolutely love the very first Green Day ep's and albums, and there's a solo that I've been practicing for months. It's from a song called 'Dry Ice', I'll add the song here: Dry Ice - YouTube

(solo starts at about 1:55mins)

I also found an interactive tab: Dry Ice Tab by Green Day | Songsterr Tabs with Rhythm

Anyway, I've gotten pretty much everything down about this solo, except for the part where Billie Joe plays that fast scale run/sixteenth notes. It's not even that fast, but boy have I been struggling with it. I've been alternate picking for quite a while now but I just can't get to that speed. My fretting hand also struggles with it even though the notes are pretty simple.

Is there any special technique or exercise I need to focus on to get it clean and up to speed? I recently did find out that strumming from the wrist improved it, but it's still pretty wonky. I feel as if I hit a bit of a wall here since I've been practicing that specific measure for months now lol.

submitted by /u/Iluthir
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...