Sunday, June 30, 2024

Tips for a Bass player moving to Guitar

I’ve been playing bass for well over a year now, and so far I’ve had a blast with it. Admittedly, my knowledge of music theory is still a little lacking in some areas, but my overall form is decently good on it. Recently, I found an old Ibanez guitar belonging to my uncle. It only has two strings (both dead obviously), the action is way too low, and I might need to screw with the truss rod a bit, but it’s nothing I can’t fix.

I just ordered some new strings and a strap for this thing, and I’ve been thinking about practicing some guitar on the side rather than just sticking to bass. At the moment, a new amp is a little out of my budget, so I’ve just been playing it through my Boss Katana Bass amp for now. Are there any tips or tricks I should know going in? Anything that could benefit my practice?

submitted by /u/FiggerNaggot52101
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...