Sunday, January 19, 2020

Can Someone recommend a Setup for playing along to songs/tracks?

So, I'm trying to play along to songs but I'm finding it difficult to focus in on the track over the sound of my guitar/string/amp. I find all of the different noise/sounds going on very distracting and I tend to lose the rhythm.

Is this something that will just improve with practice?

I'm wondering if my sound setup could use some optimisation. I tend to play along with my laptop and its built in speakers. Can anyone recommend a good sound set up? What do people use? Headphones? Should i be running my laptop through the amp, etc?

I have access to an electric guitar and a basic amp. I also have an acoustic-electric guitar, but I'll need to buy some cables and headphones/speakers to trying out a different set-up. Just want some advice before making any purchases.

Many thanks!

submitted by /u/eltoon85
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harvest Moon Guitar Lesson – Neil Young

Bookmark 0 In this Harvest Moon guitar lesson video, I will show you how to play this great song by Neil Young note-for-note. The tuni...