Online Guitar Lessons

🎸 Want to Learn Guitar Fast at Home?
Click Here to Discover the Ultimate Online Guitar Method

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Guitar Level Assessment

I plan to return in playing the guitar after the lapse of about 8 years. But I do not know where to start. Should I start from the beginner lessons?

I have been self-studying in playing the guitar since I was 11 and continued until I was 15 or 16 (I slacked during my senior years and college). I had no formal training and learned mostly about songs from guitar tabs. I didn't learn much about music theories. Didn't learn about scales. It was purely guitar licks from songs. I haven't even started learning about arpeggios. Just the basic. I usually play the electric guitar at that time. During college, I was singing mostly, since it was difficult to pack my guitar for college and subsequently forgot about the guitar.

Fast forward today (8 years later), I recently bought an acoustic guitar which I find convenient considering a busy working life. I can recall pretty much of the basic major, 7th, and minor chords. Can still do a little bit of triplets and other basic licks, strum well, can do basic fingerstyle patterns and techniques. However, I can't recall most of the songs and licks I learned from the past. And still ignorant about music theories and other techniques.

Where should I start in relearning on playing the guitar?

TL;DR: Haven't played the guitar since 8 years ago, but can still remember the basics. Where should I start in relearning to play the guitar?

submitted by /u/imsoundofexplosion
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment