Wednesday, January 1, 2020

How to reduce the action of an acoustic guitar?

So I have a 8 year old acoustic guitar and I have not being playing it often. I used to play a few chords on it, but that's pretty much it. I went on a cold streak for about 2 years then decided to pick it up again. The action was really high and is really difficult to play. I want to get into fingerstyle guitar and the problem persist. I have played other guitars and know that my action is pretty high. I have seen YouTube videos on how to reduce the action but nothing is working. I used an Allen key to turn the tress rod and have turned it too much I think but there is no significant change in the action. I don't want to file the bridge cause I think it will be wayy too much. Any suggestions/advice as to how I can reduce the action.??

TLDR :- Tried everything in the book to reduce the action but nothing seems to work. Please Help!!

submitted by /u/dclay_47
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clapton Crossroads Style Lesson

In this lesson you’ll learn a Clapton Crossroads style solo that combines the major and minor pentatonic scales. This lesso...