Friday, January 31, 2020

I’ve been holding my pick wrong since I first picked up a guitar in 2006. Is there any hope and recommendations for practicing picking and strumming and how to hold a pick?

The way I would hold would be thumb and index finger straight out, similar to how people play “the worlds smallest violin”, but there is a guitar pick instead of a violin. I have always gotten frustrated for not being able to pick individual strings and I blame lack of proper technique. There simply isn’t the muscle control available to do anything technical. I can fly across the fretboard with my left hand, and would always noodle like Michael Angelo Batio forgoing picking. It is really hard for me to break this habit, as it’s now hammered in my muscle memory. And tips or tricks I can do throughout the day to improve my picking and strumming? I’m trying to play air guitar with my index finger bent in with a pick between the side of my index finger and thumb, but it still feels awkward.

submitted by /u/alphacharlie_slater
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...