Monday, January 27, 2020

Why do people pick with an open hand?

Started playing about 7 weeks ago, recently switched from Fender Play to JustinGuitar.

One thing I'm struggling with is still accurate picking (using a plectrum), so I pay attention to it when watching videos.

I've noticed that most people seem to pick with the fingers that aren't touching the pick stretched, forming an almost "OK sign" shape. Why is this? To me personally, it feels more natural to fold the fingers into my palm, as if I was holding a pencil. I've seen people touch the pickguard with their fingertips, maybe for extra stability. I don't think my fingers are long enough to get al the way there when strumming the 6th string though.

So, any obvious advantages in stretching the fingers out rather than forming a relaxed fist?

submitted by /u/Migelthesloth
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

BB King Lucille Lesson - Don't Use the BB King Position

* This article was originally published here