Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Advice on how to get started, despite having a disability?

Hi! I would like a bit of guidance about where I should start in terms of learning guitar. I was born with deformed hands: On my left hand, I only have three fingers (a pinky, ring, middle) and a "thumb" that's not really helpful. On my right hand, I have two fingers, a pinky and middle finger. My left hand missing an index finger makes chords that require more than two fingers difficult to impossible for me to play. If you would like visual, here is a link: http://imgur.com/a/GebJLh8 (I hope this is allowed). Does anyone have any advice for a learning path that can get around or lessen these mechanical challenges? It feels soul-crushing not even being able to play the first chord many lessons present to you.

I have heard about Django Reinhardt, who only had good use of two fingers and BB King, who didn't appear to play many chords at all. That has sort of given me hope to overcome my 'missing digits'. I don't think I will ever be that 'good', but I would like to play as a hobby and I really like BB King's way of playing.

submitted by /u/DJM4991
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

BB King Lucille Lesson - Don't Use the BB King Position

* This article was originally published here