Sunday, February 2, 2020

What exactly do I need to practice with headphones?

Hey everyone, sorry if this is a recurrent question, I didn't find it in the FAQ.

I'm planning on buying my first electric guitar soon (probably a hard-tail bullet strat such as this one). I intend on practicing pretty much exclusively with my headphones on, as I don't like making too much noise and don't want to disturb others.

I have gotten some confusing and rather contradictory info online about what exactly one needs to play with headphones. I've read people talking about buying headphone amps, but Justin Guitar explicitly says he does not think a beginner really needs an amp because you can always practice using headphones and can "achieve amazing sounds" (i.e. add effects and whatnot using just your phone/computer). So basically my questions are:

  • Do I actually need a headphone amp to practice with headphones?
  • If yes, then I'm open to product suggestions.
  • If not, then what exactly do I need? What do you suggest?
  • Additionally: what do you suggest for adding effects in this context?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/fourierdota
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dweezil Zappa Shares Edward Van Halen Guitar Lessons with Rick Beato - Van Halen News Desk

Dweezil Zappa Shares Edward Van Halen Guitar Lessons with Rick Beato    Van Halen News Desk * This article was originally published here ...