Basically how to play seamlessly. I've been playing guitar for 3 years now and so far I've been playing chords and some Melodies in the chords. I am also well versed with music theory. Recently there this new guy who been playing a year and a half and he come and start playing (church btw) and all of a sudden he can start playing licks and leads allthough it's not as clean, but he gets there and he doesn't know music theory that much. I'm not saying I'm jealous but im getting competitive 😂. Also I've noticed that my ears are quite sharp like if you sing a note I could find it in the guitar neck. I could also listen to a solo and get 70% of the notes but can't really get my fingers to play them.
So my question boils do to 1. How do I get my hands to be able to play licks and solos? 2. How to strengthen my ring finger and pinky while playing notes?
FYI i've been practicing scales and doing some solos that aren't hard and working my way to the hard ones. Thank you.
[link] [comments]
* This article was originally published here
No comments:
Post a Comment