Online Guitar Lessons

🎸 Want to Learn Guitar Fast at Home?
Click Here to Discover the Ultimate Online Guitar Method

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Loosening the truss rod too much?

Hello! So recently, I bought a cheap 80$ eBay guitar and I've been having issues with setting it up..the thick E string always buzzes and I've raised the saddles all the way.

So I also tried adjusting the truss rod and loosening to give more action, but here's what I noticed. I did lefty loosey until the nut felt loose and I wanted to loosen it some more but then I felt resistance. Like I was still going lefty loosey and I felt resistance, as if I was tightening the nut, which I was not..

Is this normal? Is this a sign of something that's wrong? Also, what are ways for me to fix the fret buzz on the thick E string?

submitted by /u/knightblackness1
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment