Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Terrible questions from a beginner

So I’ve wanted to play pretty much my entire life but various circumstances allowed me to talk myself out of it or not even consider it a possibility until now. At the ripe old age of 26 I’ve picked up my first guitar (this one - thoughts?), a copy of Rocksmith 2014 and the hope to be able to make up for lost time with some dedication and commitment.

My plan is to practice (at least) an hour or so a day, I’m currently on day 2 and I’m comfortable finding E, A and D chords but I’m struggling to smoothly move between them in time with my strumming.

I appreciate that the answer is likely that it’s different for everyone but I’m curious if there’s any “standard” timelines for progression? At what point would someone typically be able to quickly move between the more basic chord progressions?

Also would love any general tips but I’m sure the great FAQ has covered most already.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/chameleoncircuitry
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clapton Crossroads Style Solo

This is the Crossroads Style Solo you will learn in the Play Like Clapton 60s Era Course. The post Clapton Crossroads Style Solo appeared f...