Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Beginner Question About Scale Forms

Beginner Question About Scale Forms

Hello,

I recently purchased Sal Salvador's Complete Book of Guitar Technique. In the first part he shows 4 scale forms, all of which are written in the key of C Maj. The instructions say to play each scale form for all the keys in the Circle of Fourths F, Bb, etc.

My question is, how do I know which key to start with? If I want to play the first scale form in the key of F maj, which F do I choose on the fretboard?If I choose an F that doesn't start on the 5th string like C Maj does in the picture, say I chose an F on the 4th string, does the finger pattern on each string still hold or is it moved up a string?

Thank you

https://preview.redd.it/ku2njcrvx2t41.jpg?width=2998&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=68c6750ad7df4c45dd720b80c4189c59845508e1

submitted by /u/BulletD0dger
[link] [comments]


* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't You See Style Solo Lesson

* This article was originally published here