Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Eruption Advice

Hello everyone!

I recently learned Van Halen’s Eruption by utilizing Chris Zoupa’s YouTube lesson (he’s awesome by the way, great at teaching lessons, in my opinion).

I got all the notes memorized and can play it at decent speed but some parts are a quite sloppy. I was curious if anyone that knows how to play Eruption has any advice that helped you get to be able to play it on stage.

I’ve put about 8 hours of practice into it so far and know I can get there with about 40-60 hours of practice. Any tips, tricks, methods you used to polish the song? (Metronome? Certain hand positioning for the tapping piece? Specific exercises? Etc.)

Thank you for the help!

submitted by /u/edpinz
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clapton Crossroads Style Lesson

In this lesson you’ll learn a Clapton Crossroads style solo that combines the major and minor pentatonic scales. This lesso...