Wednesday, April 1, 2020

How to learn/practice so I can play Cliffs of Dover

I badly want to be able to play cliffs of dover, but I have no idea how to tackle it in a meaningful way. I can play it very slowly, but am a complete mess when I try it do it anywhere near its true speed.

Do I just play it at the speed I can correctly, and slowly increase the metronome speed over the course of months? This seems to me insufficient, because I think I need to change the way I pick in order to play so quickly and accurately. It feels like there is a threshold (for me at least) between playing quickly and playing blazingly fast. I cannot surpass my top speed - which isn’t that fast - without completely losing all elements of good guitar playing.

I read about blasters, where you try and increase your top speed, by playing 1-2-3-4 during a spider exercise as fast as you can, and work on syncing your left hand. I have gotten better at that, but it hasn’t applied to anything else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/bsh0111
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alone Guitar Lesson – Heart

Bookmark 0 In this Alone guitar lesson video, I will show you how to play this great cover song by Heart on the guitar note-for-note. Inclu...