Wednesday, April 1, 2020

What should I learn next for fingerstyle? (Novice)

You might've seen this post in r/Guitar as well! Apologies if cross-posting was what I was supposed to do instead.

So I started guitar a few months ago, focusing primarily on fingerstyle playing. I know fundamental guitar concepts like proper fretting placement, the musical alphabet, hammer-ons, pull-offs, and the open chords, as well as barre chords when my hands are capable of pulling them all. For fingerstyle knowledge, I'm also very well-acquainted with basics such as proper hand placement, PIMA, and Travis Picking.

Just so you have an idea of my current playing level, I can currently play Spanish Romance, but only the minor part because I can't do barre chords quite yet, as well as all of the fingerstyle patterns (save for one of them: '#16 Buckingjam') in Paul Davids' 25 fingerpicking patterns video.

Additional question: currently due to the COVID-19 lockdown, Fender has a 3-month free program for their Fender Play online lessons. Does anyone know if Fender Play is good for fingerpicking? And which path that would be? Currently done with Stage 1 of the Folk path and have yet to see anything yet aside from manually searching, and even then, the resources are too easy since I've already learned from YouTube.

I would love it if you could recommend some songs or resources/videos to continue learning!

submitted by /u/Ryptr
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alone Guitar Lesson – Heart

Bookmark 0 In this Alone guitar lesson video, I will show you how to play this great cover song by Heart on the guitar note-for-note. Inclu...