Monday, June 15, 2020

Should I start taking proper guitar lessons?

I’ve been playing seriously for around a year now(self taught) and I’ve made lots of progress which I am really happy and proud of, but I feel like I’ve been learning the wrong way, because I don’t know a lot of theory and I kinda skipped through a lot of the basics and learned to play by just learning songs and licks and scales... I know how to play a bunch of chords, but I don’t know the actual name of the chords, since a lot of them are fancy jazz chords that are unnecessarily LONG😂 I was just wondering if I should just keep trying to teach myself, and start really focussing on music theory or just get myself a teacher. I really want a teacher but I’m just confused because I don’t even know what level to consider myself as, and I don’t know if it’ll be a bad investment to take lessons just to learn the basics... I’ve tried to learn theory myself couple times before but I always just gave up because I couldn’t pay attention to the videos...

What do you guys think is the best path for me to take? And if I were to get a teacher, how long do you think it will take me to learn all the theory I need in order to catch up to my playing?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/blurca
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...