Monday, July 20, 2020

Some beginner questions

Hi, total noob here. I’ve been teaching myself to play my dad’s old acoustic guitar for the last week or so, and I have some questions:

I’ve heard people talk about changing guitar strings, should I do that? This guitar is 10+ years old and according to my dad has never had them changed. But it also wasn’t used much till I picked it up. On that note, should I be doing anything else maintenance wise?

What’s the best way to learn? I’ve been using an app called SimplyGuitar, and it works well for me, but if there are other apps or online courses that are better please let me know.

Is my wrist supposed to hurt this much? I’ve seen other people talk about finger pain, but my wrist on my left hand has been super sore as well. Is that common at all?

Thanks in advance if you answer any of these, and I also apologize in advance if any of these are stupid questions.

submitted by /u/something_basic-
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...