Sunday, August 23, 2020

[NEWBIE] How do you know your practice is efficient and effective?

Hi all, I'm a beginner/intermediate and have been taking skype lessons fortnightly for a few months now but at the moment I feel like my practice routine is not achieving the rate of progress I would expect. How do you know you're on track and doing the right things? My routine is:

learning fretboard

spider exercises

scale or key of the week

chord practice

blues licks

technique eg string bending, double stops or slides etc

the song i'm currently working on

I'm learning Johnny B Goode right now, for example, and it's supposed to be fairly easy(?) but I just feel like my fretting hand is always going to be rushed and messy. Any advice for getting accuracy/syncro on a song like this and any general advice on practice routine? While we are at it - recommendations for blues/jazz songs suitable to learn at this early stage?

submitted by /u/StratStruggler
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...