Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Burnt Out

I started playing guitar on an acoustic I bought about 3 months ago. I actually was making really solid progress and can now pick up a guitar and play tunes that actually sound nice. At this point though, every song I attempt to learn seems way out of my skill reach. I would still call myself a beginner, but with some intermediate techniques in my toolkit. I can do slides, hammer ons, pull offs, basic finger picking, etc. I haven't learned many songs all the way through but at this point in my playing, i'm trying to change that. Could you guys recommend me some songs to learn that not only sound great on an acoustic, but are within my range of playing? I find myself getting discouraged quickly when I can't even play the first riff of a song after 30 minutes of practice. I have seen that there are beginner song lists on this forum, but many of them seem to be just chord strumming. Wish you were here by Pink Floyd is a great example of what i'm looking for. Not overly complex, but still has some cool techniques sprinkled throughout the track. Really just feeling flustered and need to validate my playing by learning a song.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/LilVacation
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alone Guitar Lesson – Heart

Bookmark 0 In this Alone guitar lesson video, I will show you how to play this great cover song by Heart on the guitar note-for-note. Inclu...