Friday, December 25, 2020

Acoustic size advice please

Hi all,

So after years of saying I wanted to learn to play I asked my family for some money towards a guitar for Xmas.

Due to the virus and my barber getting covid last week my partner and I have to isolate. So her parents drop the gifts of for us at the door, lo and behold there is a guitar shaped present!

Problem is it’s quite small, they’ve already said that it was a 2nd hand one to get started with and have bought it from their niece, who’s a 15 year old. I’m a 29 year old 6,3 bloke with big hands.

After a little bit of research I found out about sizes. So it’s 36 inches in length and the scale size (excuse me if that’s wrong) is 25 inches. According to my research that’s full size?

My only worry is that maybe the fret sizes are different and if they aren’t would learning on it be detrimental to my learning process?

Sorry for the long winded post, I’m eager to get going and also don’t want to offend my in laws if it’s not a good idea to play it!

Any help is greatly appreciated, also is there any good YouTube videos I should follow to get started?

Thanks everyone!

Edit: I forgot to mention that in a few weeks time I will probably be going to a shop to buy a proper guitar. Would it be worth me just waiting until then or could I start using the gift guitar to learn basic techniques?

submitted by /u/Rickym1992
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...