Tuesday, December 1, 2020

How do I fix my playing problems?

I'm a beginner, 3 months in, I know barre chords, I am also able to sing and play as well,

but I'm not able to play a song just by looking up for it's chords, even tho I learned them.

So far, almost all songs I learned how to play, I learned by watching youtube tutorials where they showed me strumming patterns and when to change chords. Otherwise I'm not capable of figuring out that by myself (just by looking at song lyrics and chords above them(Exception is Knockin' on Heaven's Door, that song is pretty easy tho)).

So these are my problems in short:

- Don't know when to change chords

- Can't determine tempo of a song by myself

- Don't know how to make up/determine strumming pattern for songs, individually

I don't want to keep "Learning by heart" I want to know and understand it, so I could be able to figure these things out by myself, not with help of an app or yt tutorials.

This has been bugging me for a month now, and I haven't been learning anything new, cause I can't pass this barier, I keep relistening songs over and over again trying to nail it, but still unable to figure it out.

Trully need help guys.

submitted by /u/ituni42
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...