Saturday, December 12, 2020

Learning on a cheap guitar - am I making things more difficult?

Hi guys - newbie here so apologies if I use incorrect terminology

I’ve been playing for 2 weeks now on a cheap acoustic guitar I got on Amazon for like £45. To be honest I thought there was a chance I’d get the guitar, try it once, find it too hard and never play it again so I didn’t wanna spend a good chunk of money on a good electric one (which is ideally what I want long term). However I’ve been playing daily for 20-45 mins and really enjoying the process of learning something new.

My thought was I’d try this guitar for a few months - then when I’m definitely “committed” to playing long term I could get something better and more pricey

I’m still finding it pretty painful to fret the notes (albeit less than initially) and finding I have to press down pretty hard to get it to ring out properly rather than buzz.

Is this all just related to my technique/lack of experience and should I just shut up and practice? I’m aware this is a marathon not a sprint so it’s gonna take months if not years before I can make any noises that sound even remotely pleasant.

Or is a better guitar going to be “easier” and less painful to learn on? Or should I just crack on and consider getting something better in a few months time?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Such_Broccoli_1981
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alone Guitar Lesson – Heart

Bookmark 0 In this Alone guitar lesson video, I will show you how to play this great cover song by Heart on the guitar note-for-note. Inclu...