Thursday, February 18, 2021

How to play like Eric Schenkman of the Spin Doctors?

Hello,

After learning most of the guitar parts in the songs from "pocket full of kryptonite" I've noticed Eric Schenkman uses a technique where he strums the lower strings only in a very funky/bluesy way and he comes out with the most amazing stuff. (see the intro to "Little miss can't be wrong" for reference)

But when I try to do the same thing, it sounds really really bad.

So my first question would be what's the secret behind Eric's technique? what should I be looking to emulate melody-wise? (if that makes any sense).

My second question would be if there are more guitarists who sound like that. Who are they? cause I really dig that style.

Sorry for the noob question but I guess I'm trying to understand how this technique works music theory-wise.

submitted by /u/dudeWithQuestion3
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...