Thursday, February 25, 2021

How to work on creativity

Plethora of knowledge, lack of creativity. Anyone else been stuck here?

I’m an intermediate player but music, creativity specifically, does not come natural to me. When it comes to creating more than basic rhythms and riffs/solos, I really seem to struggle.

I try the whole humming/singing along but everything always ends up sounding the same. Only after I listen to an example am I able to actually come up with something that I could not make just on my own and at that point I feel like I’m just ripping someone else off.

I hope this makes sense and that there is hope for improvement and I’m not just doomed to being stuck at this plateau. Any advice, lessons or help in general is appreciated. Thanks guys.

submitted by /u/thedogman420
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...