Monday, February 22, 2021

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Tamacun help (speed)

Hi folks. I’m having trouble keeping up with Rodrigo’s picking speed for this song’s main riff (i.e. intro riff). Specifically, when I have to quickly play single notes moving across from the 3rd to 2nd to 1st strings. No issues with speed of the hand on the fretboard, just trying to keep up with my picking hand.

I find that the only way I can pick that fast is if I tense the bicep of my picking hand, but that isn’t sustainable. I watched him play and he uses downward picking motions for each note when playing across those three strings, but he does not simply drag the pick across. Looks like each note is a dedicated motion.

Any advice on how to improve?

submitted by /u/dimodimo
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...