Monday, March 1, 2021

Thumb position

Hey everyone! So I just started to learn guitar about a month ago and I’m loving it so far. I noticed that a lot of guitarists recommend keeping your thumb centered on the neck. Of course, at times having your thumb over the top is necessary. My concern is that when it comes to playing up high in the neck(around past the 12th fretting so) my thumb likes to hang under the neck In order to reach the low E, A, and D strings. this feels very comfortable and natural for me and attempting to keep it centered is very hard for me. I have very sizable hands and fingers that are above average length so it can’t possibly be a matter of hand size. Is this something that I should put energy into trying to correct or is it something that I can just attribute to my style. Or maybe should I consider getting a guitar that has a more narrow fretboard. Any suggestions or tips are welcome since I am a beginner. Thank you everyone and I hope your day is going wonderful!

submitted by /u/CacktusMatt
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...