Wednesday, October 27, 2021

[NEWBIE] i only know how to play songs with one finger, how can I learn to play with multiple

I started learning guitar 2 weeks ago and I've became pretty good at playing simple guitar TABS that don't require multiple finger to be used at once, for example I'd play a whole song using strictly my index for each note on my left hand, but then I see other people playing those same songs with multiple fingers at once (playing notes either their index, middle pinky etc..) they'd rest their whole hand on the fretboard and move their fingers accordingly which doesn't require as much movement as what I'm doing with solely using a finger, I think my technique of learning was wrong and I'm not sure how I can fix it/know when or how I'm supposed to use my all my fingers to play more easily, I also don't use chords while playing tabs because I don't understand what their use is for I just memorize the numbered fretting position of each note

submitted by /u/ImMadeOutOfStalinium
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...