Friday, December 10, 2021

Very Specific Guitar Strings Problem

I am a beginner just wanted to get that out of the way.

So when I first got my ibanez electric it had some strings (of an unknown gauge) on them. One day my E string broke so I decided to replace all my strings.

The thing is I don’t know the gauge of my new strings either, all I knew is that they were thicker. A few weeks go by and and my bridge was lifting up and it was almost going to pop off it seems. So I take it to the shop and the guy puts in an extra spring in the back of the guitar (originally there was only one).

Now my E string has broken again and I’m going to get new strings and I really don’t like these thicker strings and want to go back to the old original strings.

I wanted to know what gauge the original strings could have been and will there be any issue with the second spring being there?

submitted by /u/EmCeeAaron
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...