Monday, September 4, 2023

How to switch fretting strings quickly?

I haven’t been playing long. When practicing, I find myself always very slow to switch chords. The main culprits is usually when I have to change my wrist position (E.g. switching from c major to g major and reverse) and switching strings with one or more fingers at once (E.g. fretting on D to fretting g with any finger). The problem persists usually still persists even if I know the next chord off by heart.

Another problem: I want to play classical guitar/ finger style mainly. I have a lot of problems when holding a barre/ half barre with my forefinger but my other 3 fingers have to move a lot.

I understand some of these are probably just “practice more” but I’m curious to know if there are exercises that can help.

Any help would be very appreciated!

submitted by /u/Picadilly2001
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...