Friday, September 1, 2023

Next steps

I’ve been playing guitar for about 10 years or so. At the moment I rely almost independently on my ear and basic memorisation of the minor pentatonic scale, major and minor scales to improv.

Im not exactly sure the next steps for my progress but I listen to prog metal and I want to be able to more expressively solo. I think that has something to do with more theory and playing lead with scales from the chords vs the key of the whole song ( easier to just shred the minor pent of the key of the whole song )

Any help?

submitted by /u/Suspicious_Joke9626
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...