Tuesday, June 25, 2024

How in the hell are you guys "pressing lightly" on the strings?

Every single guitarist and video I talk to/watch says the same thing "you can actually press pretty light to make the chord ring out", are you guys using dental floss as strings or something?

But actually, I don't get how this works. Currently I struggle in the form of making noise as I release my fingers, and its because I'm pressing too hard. Only thing is, if I go lighter then the chord sounds like nails on a chalkboard or no sound at all. I'm worried I'm gonna spend too much time practicing a bad habit (pushing hard). What's the secret? What's something I can do to learn this?

Currently doing acoustic.

submitted by /u/Donnyy64
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...