Online Guitar Lessons

🎸 Want to Learn Guitar Fast at Home?
Click Here to Discover the Ultimate Online Guitar Method

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A tear of joy came out of my eye

The first Van Halen album came out when I was 14. When I heard Eruption, it was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. Like the scene from Shawshank Redemption when Dufrane plays the opera for the inmates over the loudspeaker. In other songs on this album I heard Ed’s expert use of harmonics to end a phrase. To me, this was the epitome of wizardry. This divided Ed from all others including Hendrix and Clapton and Beck and Page. Today I ended a phrase with 3 beautiful harmonics...and I let the last one just ring on and on. A tear formed in my eye because after 40 years I finally did it. I finally felt what Ed felt. Thanks to everyone on this subreddit for keeping me motivated to learn. I will never forget this day, ever.

submitted by /u/LoozeOnBooze
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment