For reference, I am doing the JustinGuitar course and have begun his intermediate module. But I am still practicing and reinforcing the beginner techniques as per his advice.
I want to get an idea of this, though: at what point do I no longer consider myself a "beginner" guitar player? I've been playing for about 3.5 months, with on average 2 hours a day of practice or guitar related activity. I know my open chords, I can decently play the E shape barres, power chords are a breeze, I have learned and begun improvising with the minor pentatonic (I believe the "G" shape one) and begun playing with a major scale pattern, and I've learned some beginnings of theory.
Yet, besides all this I still feel incompetent on the instrument. So at what skill level can I stop calling myself a beginner player?
[link] [comments]
* This article was originally published here
No comments:
Post a Comment