Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Video Suggestions for Problem I'm Having

I really want to write some music but I don't know where to begin, can anyone help me out finding some good videos explaining what I'm about to ask.

I want to create some songs with a simple power chord rhythm and then like a melody or something on top of that, sort of something like the strokes do, not another chord on top of the rhythm, but like single notes like just -7- then -9- but I want it like higher pitch than the power chord rhythm and I want to play it on the smaller strings. How would I go about learning what notes would sound good with power chords? Anyone have some good videos. I know this is really stupid, only been playing for like6 months and I've just been playing my favorite smiths/strokes songs, and I got an urge to make a strokes like the track. I recorded a song with just power chords already, but it sounds to plain. I want to mix up some synths too and stuff. Is learning music theory the only way, or is there like a website that can tell me what notes go with what notes so I can actually piece together a good song with synths, rhythm, and lead guitar. Thank you for bearing with my autism and complete lack of guitar lingo, again all I do is play for fun.

submitted by /u/vektroids
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

“The perfect online guitar lessons platform if you’ve already got some playing under your belt”: Til review - Guitar World

“The perfect online guitar lessons platform if you’ve already got some playing under your belt”: Til review    Guitar World * This article ...