Saturday, January 9, 2021

I’ve an issue with being able to loosen my wrist for faster acoustic strumming. How do I fix this?

I’ve been playing off and on since I was 16 and I’m 44 now. No formal lessons, all figured out the overly hard way, which means I don’t play nearly as well as most others who have played as long as I have. One thing I never could do is loosen my wrist to strum faster. I can shake my hand and it flops around fine but the second the pick hits a string my wrist seems to automatically lock in place. It’s made it so I can only really play simple rhythms.

I’ve been trying to loosen it up more recently because it’s never mattered to me before, but it absolutely matters now because I’m playing for a church whereas previously it was always just by myself and nobody around. But it’s frustrating because that wrist just won’t let go!

If anyone has a solution to this, I’d be super appreciative. I feel being able to do this unlocks rhythms that are really important to be able to do. And for once, every song won’t sound the same lol. Thanks.

submitted by /u/PhunkyMunky76
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clapton Cream Crossroads Style Lesson

* This article was originally published here