Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Advice for a southpaw with wee hands?

Hi all, So, I my late fiancé was a killer guitar player and I was the stronger singer, so I never got around to learning an instrument. Today would have been our second anniversary, and I’m feeling like it’s time finally learned to play his guitar. My past attempts have kind of gone by the wayside because I’m a leftie with small hands (or because I broke a finger damned every time I learned more than two chords…), and I struggled to make even some fairly basic chords. I want to stick with it this this time. I would love to hear your thoughts on both issues: Is it better to just learn to play right-handed so I can use other people’s guitars? And does the not-being-able-to-span-the-fretboard thing get better with time, or should I go find a 7/8ths scale guitar? Please don’t tell me Django Reinhardt learned to play with two fingers… 😂 Thanks in advance for your help!

submitted by /u/MoreKushin4ThePushin
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian - WTOK

DC Guitar Studio Celebrates 5 years in Meridian    WTOK * This article was originally published here ...